Piccola England Primary School aims to guarantee continuity, acquirement, improvement and enrichment of the knowledge of the English language, a path that started with the school’s bilingual nursery, while still ensuring the achievement goals stipulated by the Italian Primary School program.
Piccola England Primary School main features are:
1. Carry out History, Geography, Maths, Science and art lessons in both languages (Italian and English) to ensure correct understanding and application of concepts, vocabulary and specific expressions by all pupils while strengthening the comprehension of both languages.
2. Italian Language and English language lessons will be carried out at different levels in accordance to the child’s level of knowledge of each or both languages, so that children that speak one or the other language or both have all equal opportunities of learning and mastering both school programs English and Italian.
3. Computer Science will be held in English
4. During Luncheon food vocabulary will be strengthened in English
5. Extra-curricular labs such as Theatre, Art, Music, Dance and other will be held in English, to enforce the knowledge of the English spoken language and to enable the two yearly school performances (Christmas show and end of year performance)
6. Fulfilment of Schoolwork activities and exercises.
7. Enhancement of Italian and English during the afternoon hours of these subjects for pupils with an Italian or foreign background.
8. Field Trips appropriate and coherent with the scholastic program.
9. Provide training for the first levels of Cambridge Exams (starters, movers, ect)
10.Relate or twin Piccola England with other Primary Schools in England or America and share experiences between both schools.
PRIMARY SCHOOL ACADEMIC YEAR
FIRST TWO YEARS
The curricular activities are structured as follows: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30am to 1:30pm
Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30am to 1:30pm and from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. Total of 29 curricular hours per week, and 2 hours per week lunch service is offered.
SECOND THREE YEARS
The curricular activities are structured as follows: Monday and Friday from 8:30am to 1:30pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30am to 1:30pm and from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. Total of 31 curricular hours per week, and 3 hours per week lunch service is offered.
Pupils may be enrolled to extra curricular activities offered by the school available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:30pm to 4:30pm, for a maximum of 40hours per week (35 hours curricular and 5 hours refection per week).